Monday, May 29, 2006

MaLay N PoVeRTy

(This, written in da bus on 16th of may 2006 via my h-set only da point, appeared during I look round at factory the place when I'd workin a couple years ago as penyusun batu bata yg berjaya sbb aku susun plg laju sekali =p, by dat tyme only RM20/5000 bijik batu bata perday,but I really need a money)

Poverty. Everybudy hates poverty but in malaysia we've a lot of poor family. Week by week TV3 was showin us bout the poor people. I dun've a problm to ppl thoroughly do not have ability or handicap as well as got suffering from illness problem, but I do have problem wi' helluva lazy people. Frankly, mostly of them wat we can see lazy rather than poor. Only less of'em got illness, handicap problem and orphan. (We so grateful bcoz we born with perfect physical, it doesn't matter you are not beautiful, hansom or with the other extraordinary watsoever. All praise is due to Allah!!!)

I'm also born in poor family. Can you imagine ma lovely hardworking mother awhile ago only got RM400 a month. dat money la for ma school, that money la for pay bill and otherz.
I thought wat the important think government has to do with this ppl with
1. Giv the suitable financial support/work for them (one of the reason DEB is failed because expand a financial support to wrong job to wrong person.)
2. Teach'em how to manage money and life (survive). (Malay ppl exactly poor in financial management)
3. Malay people lack of skill


I'm from this background and lil'bit I had known somethin. Most of'em r poor in manage their life. Instance, in Bersamamu at one episode the doctor said that this person lack of vegetable, fiber or otherz vitamin. Vegetables is so so easy, you can just plant it at surrounding you like kucai, pucuk ubi kayu,kangkung or so. And one you wanna get vitamin,of coz you've to plaint fruit tree. My mum until now, she is still plant kucai herself.


Awareness
If u'r poor, do u want u child thru da same way withcu. I'm still remembering when I was standard one, though. My mum is alwayz repeat and repeat this "after primary school, ya've to go to secondary school, and after all y've to go to college level". n dis always plays in my mind. How you can go to school, you are poor? Yes!! But my mum so smart, she manages my food, my financial, my time to go to outside activity n home activity.


Food and money
For a day my mum juz cooks 2 times only, at morning n afternoon. She'll give RM0.80 for morning session and RM0.50 for evening session (bydat tyme dat money cukup la nak beli semua ). But I just spend half of them, I bring drink myself for morning session, and for evening I bring drink and food. I told myself dat I've to save at least 40cent per day. n when I got college my money already hav RM1000, dat money enough for me to buy all the things that needed. When I got my lunch my mum will separate the food for I'll eat and for a dinner.

Yup when I was in primary school I dun have kereta kontrol, kete daishing kuro, or others expensive stationary and things. Bcoz I provide that money for buy a bicycle, school shoes, school's fees and bookz and tuition(i am juz 1 tuition jek but nasib baik i am da one of pelajar harapan skolah n i got free tuition's fee for sc n math subject). I think it's important to Malay people especially to think wat da more important and what the less important, priority alwayz make perfect.

Dream/ambitious
We've to support the dream, give a dream and hope to this ppl. Give'em small glimmer of hope that they've and could survive on their own. Speaking on dream initially I dun have a dream. I dun've a dream to go to college but my mum put this dream in my mind. I know I do not really excellent in study but at least I did well of myself. So I think dream and hope is needed and so important. Sumer ppl do not have a dream, dey just dreaming!!! Show them the first step. I know and I had faced that by, a very hard pace. I can feel ppl, being arisen from poor family it is a big tough. n da biggest things ya've to face reality. Always poor children have these probs
1. lack of confident
2. lack of soft skill
3. Self-cleaning. (I hates dirty person)
4. Solat . ( It doesn't cost money guyz,i am not bagus sgt ade gak tinggal but at least dlm sehari kena buat la gak)


For all those things, it is becomes our responsibility and big challenge to government to-gether to cultivate an image of Malay people look alike what we r intended. Also, we could see whether da government wi' their purpose to bring achievement among Malaysian (or nowadays people call as modal insane) or not. Thus also, we could see whether RMK9 will success or fail. That's my point exactly!!!!

I like to quote brilliant words from Ungku Aziz "peratusan pegangan ekuiti(30,20 atau 25%) itu bukanlah ukuran keadaan ekonomi orang Melayu yang sebenar. Apa yang lebih penting ialah pembasmian kemiskinan masyarakat desa yang rata-ratanya masih jauh ketinggalan."
*30% is a target of DEB but fail

" Orang(Melayu) barangkali agak terkeliru kerana dari semasa ke semasa ada ahli silap mata baru yang muncul (siapa eh?) dengan keajaiban baru"

"pentingnya menanam semangat berusaha serta mengubah sikap orang Melayu kepada pendidikan(merangkumi semua aspek,masuk university is not da biggest thing but ape yg penting menambah nilai tambah dlm diri),kesihatan, pemakanan(food) dan amalan rasuah."

*dlm kurungan tu aku tambah =)

Hardworking will pay for long run, dude!!!


I got call from HEP to register at 24 June as facilitator 2 weeks earlier. This coming 6th June I've a meetin for expo. How's my JOB as penjual burger!!!! I am only work for one month, alas, world cup da important damn thing!! Of course I'll miss many games. Hogwash!!